A5: From Nicolas Coyne: Absolutely, digging into experimental music I may have glossed over and paying more attention to singer-songwriter music, which feels to resonate more nowadays because they are such personal stories. #JandoliChat— Jandoli Institute (@Jandoli_Inst) May 12, 2020
A5: It most definitely has. Besides the music being created, artists have been releasing new acoustic covers, home concerts, and even full length shows that were previously pay-per-view. Artists are allowing a new take on their music, and I can’t get enough of it. #Jandolichat https://t.co/Q8nxnBAOdJ— Stephen Wilt (@stephen_wilt) May 12, 2020
A5: Due to working from home, I’ve gone all in on dynamic instrumental music to keep the energy up. Lately I’ve explored Pharoah Sanders, R.L. Burnside, and The Soft Pink Truth. #JandoliChat https://t.co/MFAcABDtrs— Patrick Hosken (@patrickhosken) May 12, 2020
A5: Nothing new for me yet, but now that the semester is nearly over, I hope to find more time. I did stumble upon a YouTube video of the Live Peace in Toronto 1969 concert with John Lennon, Eric Clapton and Klaus Voorman. #JandoliChat— Jandoli Institute (@Jandoli_Inst) May 12, 2020
I completely second this because when I'm not working, I'm rarely listening to anything new anymore. It feels very taxing. All about the comfort of the ones I already love. #JandoliChat— Patrick Hosken (@patrickhosken) May 12, 2020
YouTube is a blessing and a curse. It's so easy to find old, obscure tunes and play them.— Jandoli Institute (@Jandoli_Inst) May 12, 2020
- Is there one event that touched you more than any of the others?
- How about a song?
- What is it about music that we find comforting and inspiring?
- Why have many artists been postponing album releases?
- How can we keep supporting the artists we love?
- What do you foresee for live concerts in the future?
- Has the pandemic given you an opportunity to listen to something new?
- What Stevie Wonder song gives us the best hope for the future?
Categories: Jandoli Institute, Pop Culture, Uncategorized
Leave a Reply